NZ Burlesque Festival

14-17 MAY 2020



Released 19 March 2020:

It is with incredible sadness that we announce NZBF20 has been cancelled, due to the current Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.

This is a decision we reached over the last few days, and now the situation is that the NZ government have released restrictions for indoor events which exceed 100 people to protect kiwis and our visitors against COVID-19. NZBF most certainly falls into that category and so it has reaffirmed our decision to cancel. Additionally with increasing travel restrictions it would be unlikely those travelling from overseas would be able to attend to perform.

Trust us when we say our production team have carefully considered all of our options, including postponing. However with so much uncertainty, we refuse to place any of our burlesque whanau (family) at risk for any reason. The health, safety and wellbeing of our people (including our audiences) is always our number one priority.

We would like to extend arohanui to all of our whanau who have supported the festival this year, whether through application, performance, workshop offerings, purchasing tickets, offering to volunteer or even just sharing our content. We are also incredibly grateful for, and wish to extend thanks to our amazing sponsors and partners for their support.

Refunds have been processed for all ticket holders through our ticket agent Eventbrite, and should be released within 7-10 working days. For those who have grabone tickets, we are working through the refund process at this time.

As you can imagine there is still a number of costs to cover even with cancellations, so if you would like to donate to help support us with these costs, please contact us and we can tell you how. We appreciate your patience while we work through this process.